Our Supported Employment Program assists adults with developmental disabilities in choosing, obtaining and maintaining competitive employment in a variety of business settings. Working in partnership with employers across the Greater Cincinnati area, LADD staff assist people in finding employment, providing on-the-job training and, if necessary, providing follow-up services.
We strive towards 100% workplace inclusion, meaning that every person who wishes to work in the community should be given that opportunity and support to do so. Our goal is for people with disabilities to gain meaningful, long-term employment; and for their employers to benefit from a valued employee who brings job dedication and a diverse perspective to their team.
Businesses who have hired through LADD:
• Buffalo Wild Wing
• Contemporary Art Center
• Fresh Thyme
• Kroger Co.
• LADD employees
• Llanfair Retirement Community
• Mercy Hospital
• and more…
What are our partner employers saying about hiring an employee with a disability through LADD?
Dinsmore & Shohl
“I have learned so much from having April here and now I can’t imagine her not being here. I hope that April will be with us until I retire.”
– Patti Super, office services supervisor at Dinsmore & Shohl (regarding employee April Meyers)
Contemporary Arts Center
“Michael and Mary are both valuable members of our team here. They are dedicated to their work and have a lot of pride in what they do. They show up on time with a positive attitude. I feel that they contribute not only in their daily job functions but also in the way in which they interact with our guests and our staff, as they are in really ambassadors to our city through their interaction with people.”
– Dave Gearding, Facility Director, Contemporary Arts Center (regarding employees Michael Weber and Mary Flinker)
“Troy is timely, reliable, a people person and a team player. He takes pride in making sure that our office is neat, clean and presentable to the public.”
– Steve Leeper, President & CEO of 3CDC (regarding employee Troy Moore)
Benefits of working with LADD to find the right candidate include:
• LADD services are free
• LADD will provide you with free position identification and/or job matching based on the needs of your workforce
• LADD will provide you with a pool of candidates based upon the job description provided
• LADD will provide you with free ongoing performance evaluations to ensure satisfaction
• Free employment professionals are available to supplement training and assist with resolving any challenges
• Free assistance in implementation of incentives such as the Work Opportunity Tax Credit
• Service funding is through Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD), Medicaid – Level I and I/O Waivers, Hamilton County DD Services, and Private Pay.
Contact Us Today!
Are you someone with a disability looking for competitive employment?
Are you an employer interested in learning more about hiring someone with a disability?
Please contact Diane Gaither-Thomson, Supported Employment Program Manager, at 513-487-3949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.